Corporate, Investors, Required - Written by Wired Academic on Saturday, July 23, 2011 7:05 - 0 Comments
Washington Post Shakes Up Kaplan Inc.
Wall Street Journal Reports two executives at Washington Post’s (NYSE:WPO) Kaplan unit are out as of Tuesday:
The shake-up comes as Kaplan, which accounts for the bulk of the newspaper company’s overall revenue, has struggled on weakness at the higher-education division, which operates for-profit colleges and online postsecondary and career programs.
Jeffrey Conlon, who became CEO of the higher-education unit in 2009, is vacating that post. The company also said Lionel Lenz would relinquish his position as chief financial officer for the higher-education division. Mr. Lenz joined Kaplan in 2009.
Full article at WSJ.
Leave a Reply
We welcome Tips & Pitches
Latest WA Original Features
The Pulitzer Prize winning investigation newsroom digs into for-profit education.
- Interview: UoPeople Founder Shai Reshef On Edu Tech, Free Tuition & P2P Learning
- Cheating in School— How the Digital Age Affects Attitudes About Plagiarism [Infographic]
- U of Phoenix: Raises tuition, Enrollment drops, Still Making Plenty of Cash
- Guest Column from Hansoo Lee of Magoosh.com: SAT Scores are Falling – Now What?
- Kindergarteners At The Keyboard: A Look At KIPP Schools in Los Angeles
MARKET INTRADAY SNAPSHOT
- Education & Tech Companies We Follow
Cost of Education, Domestic, Education Quality, Ethics, For-Profit, Regulatory, Required, Students, University & College - Mar 11, 2012 21:17 - 0 Comments
More In For-Profit
- Heard: MOOCs Growing From Stanford to Georgia Tech to MIT to Udacity and Udemy
- Heard: California Applies Headlock, Begins Clamp Down On For-Profit Colleges
- Heard: Capella University On The Ropes But Planning For A Comeback In Round 4
- Hungry Hippos: For-Profits Gobble Up Half of Military Education Benefits
- Researchers Find Students At For-Profit Colleges More Likely To Be Unemployed
Blended Learning, Domestic, Elementary / Primary / Junior, Flipped Classrooms, High school / Secondary 2, International, Open Source Education, Required, School teachers, Startups, Students, Technology - Mar 12, 2012 19:04 - 0 Comments
More In Technology
- Opinion: Online Tutoring Disrupting Traditional Tutor Model, But Expanding The Tutor Industry
- The “Mathlash”: Mathmeticians Strike Back Against Silicon Valley’s Foray Into Math Edu
- Shantanu Sinha of Khan Academy Explains The Gamification Approach of Khan
- Fast Company Ranks The 10 Most Innovative Education Companies
- Must See: Interactive Tour of the Universe — Online Tool for Teachers and Gawkers
Domestic, Education Quality, For-Profit, Friend, Fraud, or Fishy, Required, University & College - Feb 10, 2012 16:36 - 0 Comments
More In Friend, Fraud, or Fishy
- Infographic & Video: Is America Witnessing A Growing Education Bubble? Part II Of II
- Investigative Opinion: For-Profit Kaplan University’s $250 Million Payout To Former Executives
- Heard: Mitt Romney Takes Money From, Offers Praise To Full Sail University Leaders
- Heard: New York Attorney General Is Investigating Pearson Education – NYTimes.com
- Guest Column: A Response To Occupy Wall Street’s View Of Student Debt