Domestic, Elementary / Primary / Junior, Institutions, Mergers & Acquisitions, Publishers, Required, Startups, STEM / Science, Technology, Education, Math, Students, Technology - Written by Ravi Kumar on Tuesday, November 29, 2011 6:00 - 0 Comments
Move Over Geocaching; Make Room for Edu-caching
Educaching, is a GPS based curriculum for educators that Geomate.jr would like you to believe learning is like treasure hunting or geocaching.
”The curriculum combined with the Geomate.jr guides teachers in science, technology, engineering and mathematics (STEM) based, GPS scavenger hunts that engage students in teamwork, problem solving, critical thinking and exercise in a fun learning environment,“ said Jason Hubbard, teacher and author of the Educaching GPS based curriculum.
Watch the video about Educaching.
The new Educaching curriculum has teacher training and development, twenty out of the box lesson plans, student assessment sheets and more hands-on after school activities using the Geomate.jr receivers.
Teachers will be able to create their own private geocaches and they will be able to select who has access to those geocaches. These private caches are called Custom Caches. Teachers will be able to update the content and can add their own geocache locations into any Geomate.jr.
“The teaching manual contains lesson plans of varying skill levels,” Hewerdine explained. “The applicable standards covered are highlighted in each lesson plan and are specifically designed to assist teachers with fulfilling their district’s achievement requirements for students.” Sample lesson plans can be downloaded from either www.educaching.com or www.mygeomate.com, and both have agreed to offer educational discounts for school kit purchases.
Have you tried Geocaching or Educaching yet? Tell us about your experience?
Leave a Reply
We welcome Tips & Pitches
Latest WA Original Features
The Pulitzer Prize winning investigation newsroom digs into for-profit education.
- Interview: UoPeople Founder Shai Reshef On Edu Tech, Free Tuition & P2P Learning
- Cheating in School— How the Digital Age Affects Attitudes About Plagiarism [Infographic]
- U of Phoenix: Raises tuition, Enrollment drops, Still Making Plenty of Cash
- Guest Column from Hansoo Lee of Magoosh.com: SAT Scores are Falling – Now What?
- Kindergarteners At The Keyboard: A Look At KIPP Schools in Los Angeles
MARKET INTRADAY SNAPSHOT
- Education & Tech Companies We Follow
Cost of Education, Domestic, Education Quality, Ethics, For-Profit, Regulatory, Required, Students, University & College - Mar 11, 2012 21:17 - 0 Comments
More In For-Profit
- Heard: MOOCs Growing From Stanford to Georgia Tech to MIT to Udacity and Udemy
- Heard: California Applies Headlock, Begins Clamp Down On For-Profit Colleges
- Heard: Capella University On The Ropes But Planning For A Comeback In Round 4
- Hungry Hippos: For-Profits Gobble Up Half of Military Education Benefits
- Researchers Find Students At For-Profit Colleges More Likely To Be Unemployed
Blended Learning, Domestic, Elementary / Primary / Junior, Flipped Classrooms, High school / Secondary 2, International, Open Source Education, Required, School teachers, Startups, Students, Technology - Mar 12, 2012 19:04 - 0 Comments
More In Technology
- Opinion: Online Tutoring Disrupting Traditional Tutor Model, But Expanding The Tutor Industry
- The “Mathlash”: Mathmeticians Strike Back Against Silicon Valley’s Foray Into Math Edu
- Shantanu Sinha of Khan Academy Explains The Gamification Approach of Khan
- Fast Company Ranks The 10 Most Innovative Education Companies
- Must See: Interactive Tour of the Universe — Online Tool for Teachers and Gawkers
Domestic, Education Quality, For-Profit, Friend, Fraud, or Fishy, Required, University & College - Feb 10, 2012 16:36 - 0 Comments
More In Friend, Fraud, or Fishy
- Infographic & Video: Is America Witnessing A Growing Education Bubble? Part II Of II
- Investigative Opinion: For-Profit Kaplan University’s $250 Million Payout To Former Executives
- Heard: Mitt Romney Takes Money From, Offers Praise To Full Sail University Leaders
- Heard: New York Attorney General Is Investigating Pearson Education – NYTimes.com
- Guest Column: A Response To Occupy Wall Street’s View Of Student Debt